**To subscribe to the audio version of Tea Time with Tiffany, just search for it in iTunes or use this link to subscribe via Feedburner in your podcatcher of choice. Intro music is "Tea Ceremony" from PlayonLoop.com
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Stressy Divine Mercy/teaching episode. :)
- New Year's fitness resolutions anew.
- I talked about fitness during a few Tea Times over the winter too. Here and here.
- My goal to have fitness improve my cholesterol numbers.
I went to my new placement this morning for my practicum! It went well. The kids are 3-4, and most of them have been in an early childhood center before, so they kind of know what's going on already. I'm with another Ms. Sam, and the kids all got a kick out of that. ;)ReplyDelete
As for fitness, walking around campus and running around after kiddos is going to have to be enough for now. :0
Hi Sam! I'm SO glad your first day of practicum went well! <3 Yes, you certainly work a lot of steps into your daily routine, no worries fitness-wise for you!ReplyDelete
1) I don't know of anyone whose passed away from high school. Since I don't live in the area it's difficult for me to keep up with people. But my core group of friends are all okay. I did know of a college acquaintance who unfortunately committed suicide. Very sad.ReplyDelete
2) Back to school has equally been good and bad. Knee has been fine. He didn't go to day care either and this is a four hour day four times a week. He does get warn out (he's passed out on the couch right now). And he seems whinier than usual. So I empathize. HB has had a rough go of things. This year he's had a lot of stemming and echolalia and I recently had to pick him up from school because they couldn't deal with it. It's so frustrating when you know that the simplest solution is to offer him an aide and for some one-on-one instruction time. So I basically politely let them have it. Demanded that they document everything and tell me what solutions they are coming up with because I think right now the poor teacher is flying by the seat of her pants and she's not an autism expert.
3) My exercise routine has nose dived. I'm having one of those weeks where I can't seem to find the time. But Hubby is out of town so this is to be expected. I just feel icky because I haven't gone and I know I would be much saner if I ran or something.
4) I completely understand the stress of things. Today is the day of pile on. Talk to me tomorrow when their's a resolution one way or the other.
So glad you wrote in. <3 It's nice when we can all share our challenges and joys with each other, and encourage each other. That does indeed sound like a frustrating situation for little HB. And for you! The school should absolutely be on top of such things and have solutions to offer and employ. We will pray for this this fall! This reminds me - perhaps we should start a fall novena or prayer plan. I will write about that next week!
I understand on the exercise routine. I got to body sculpt yesterday, but yesterday I felt like ca ca, and didn't even log 6,000 steps. Sometimes we need to be kind to ourselves. If you can get the kids outside for a short walk, that would certainly help. But if its not possible, you'll be able to when your husband returns! In the meantime, you could maybe experiment with a new healthy smoothie recipe or nutritious dinner to satisfy your desire to prioritize wellness, something you could do with the kids right in the house. You're doing great!