Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Anne's first day at daycare

Yesterday was a tough day, but in the end, it went just fine. I had to pump myself up a bit to drop Anne off at our daycare in the morning, because as you would expect, I was dreading it. I knew she would be fine there, and that we trusted this daycare, but that's still a very tough thing.

I did call to check on her, and heard that she was doing wonderfully, albeit boycotting naps. This is par for the course at home as well, so I knew she was fine. When I went to pick her up, she was being rocked by one of the women in the room and finishing her last bottle. She was totally fine and happy to see me. We went and visited her new cubby to collect her things and headed for home. She'll go again on Thursday.

Today, she and Henry are with my in-laws again. My problem today, though, is that I'm totally exhausted. We had an interesting night. Anne was exhausted (the no nap thing) at 7 pm and went right to sleep. At 11:30 pm, she woke, which usually signals a bad night. But honestly, it's not so bad once I'm working. I'm actually happy to have that time to spend with her and snuggle her. So I nursed her.

I figured we'd be up every 2-3 hours or so, but she didn't wake again until 4:20 am. Wonderful, albeit with unhappily full breasts. Unfortunately, that's when the sleep thing unraveled, as it so often does. Once I put her back in her bassinette, she seemed to wake up. She was quiet, so I left her be, and soon enough, I found out what was going on.

The dreaded squirting sound ensued.

So, we had to change her diaper, and once that happens, we're screwed. She's wide awake. By this time, it's 5 am, and Mike needs to be up by 5:45, so needless to say we didn't get back to sleep after that. Anne, however, slept peacefully in our bed from 5:45 am until 6:30. Alas.

To cheer myself up, I soothed myself at the local yarn shop over lunch. I picked up some skeins of the wonderful Plymouth Dreambaby DK yarn in purple and yellow to make Anne a cardigan for Christmas. It's so magnificently soft, I could pet it all day. In fact, I will. It's sitting conveniently under my desk. I also ferreted out a copy of the fall issue of Interweave Knits, so I'm now happy.

I just hope I can stay awake for the rest of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one, and I will respond to each one personally!