Friday, March 19, 2010

Ready for the weekend, and some musings on yarn...

So very glad that it's Friday today, and that I'm going to have a relaxing weekend. I have a 2 hour reference shift, and then I'm taking a half day of comp time for myself. *bliss* I've used up a bunch of yarn in my stash lately, and so I'm bound for the craft stores, coupons in hand, to pick up some yarn, and I couldn't possibly be more excited. Time to browse yarn and pattern books, all without the interruptions of an adorable 4 year old voice. *super bliss*

I am, what you would call the anti-yarn snob. Even though I very much appreciate finer, more expensive yarn, and will use it for small projects, for the most part I buy my 100% acrylic yarn at the large craft stores. I have used inexpensive wool blends and I adore cotton (but that is extremely cheap, actually), but for the most part I do crochet with acrylic. I love to crochet (and knit) but we're on a budget, so it's Red Hear Super Saver (and the like) for me, and I'm thrilled to have it. Debbie Stoller has a new line of reasonably priced yarn out, in natural fibers, and JoAnn's carries, it, so I'll be checking that out. I may be premiering my first bamboo shawl :)

In non-craft news, Henry has been SUCH a big boy about staying in his bed for the whole night all of a sudden. He has been *so good* lately, it's like he matured overnight. 4 seems to be a magic age for him. Our only problem with the new sleeping arrangement (and isn't there always one?) is that he has no idea what time it is, so when he wakes up, he stays up and hangs out until we come to tell him it's morning. And he doesn't always make enough noise to wake us and let us know that he's awake. So, case in point, Mike gets up at 4 am to use the bathroom, and there's Henry, sitting up patiently in bed, awaiting a morning greeting. We're not quite sure what to do about this. I think we're going to get him a digital clock, so that we can tell him that if the first number is not a 6, he needs to go back to sleep. A week or so ago, I heard his little feet hit the ground and him start talking to Teddy, so I rolled over and looked at our clock: 3:45 am. Sigh. We'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one, and I will respond to each one personally!