Thursday, April 7, 2016

Tea Time with Tiffany #43 - Can you hear me now?! ;-) Audio updates & upgrades, plus exciting summer project plans!

Morning all! Welcome to a wet and dreary, early springtime edition of:

Today, now that the snow is finally melting :0 seeds of ideas for the upcoming summer season are swirling about in my head, so I gab on about those for a spell. There are a few audio upgrades to discuss, plus a summer writing series that I am teasing about, though not yet fully revealing. All this, and I complain just for a bit about how frustrating teaching can be at this point of the semester. ;-) Come join me!





**To subscribe to the audio version of Tea Time with Tiffany, just search for it in iTunes or use this link to subscribe via Feedburner in your podcatcher of choice. Intro music is "Tea Ceremony" from PlayonLoop.com

Items mentioned in this episode:
If you have any ideas for me for the summer, whether about audio, video or writing topics, do write in! Do you have books or genres to suggest for the book club? Write in about those too! I'd also love to hear how your Easter season is going.

10 comments:

  1. 13 classes a week, that's a lot! I'm a teaching librarian, too, and teaching is the thing I love best, but still...I'll be interested to hear how it goes for you!
    But first: the summer, and all your fun plans. The fall will come when it comes. :)

    I appreciate you mentioning the Easter "season"...I find that mentally I've moved on way too quickly this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne! Yep, that's my philosophy too. One thing at a time, right? :) Yes, it will be interesting, to be sure! Lots of good blogging fodder. When I have time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe you've been posting videos for almost a year now!! Seems like just yesterday I was watching your first Tea Time. :) I also re-read your post from last year about Mother's Day being difficult. I can so relate to that because my Mother's Day last year was rough also. I'm so hopeful though that this year it will be better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy!! I know, right?! A year passes so quickly these days. *depressing* But indeed, hope springs eternal for Mother's Day this year! All signs are a go for a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the new audio intro. I'd say I listen to the audio about 75% of the time and watch the video the other 25%. However, the intro was louder than the rest of the podcast. I had to turn up my car stereo (from 5 to 15) in order to hear the podcast at a level I liked. But if one has to be louder than the other I'd rather it be the intro. Easier to turn up later as opposed to turning down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melanie! I noticed that too, and UGH, I don't know how to fix it!! I can't figure out how to get the audio recorder any louder than it already is. It's on the highest volume setting. It's not indicating low battery, but it's been awhile since I've changed them, so maybe I'll try that. It also seems to me that the sound comes in and out a bit, softer and louder, so maybe that *is* it. I wish I had better equipment, but such is life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melanie, an update! I am SO glad you posted this, because it gave me the impetus to look into it further. I found that I can adjust the volume during the editing process, who knew?! :0 So hopefully, next week all will be well. Do write in to let me know after you listen next week, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you learned new information that might fix the problem. I'll let you know next week how it sounds after I listen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lara the (ex)LibrarianApril 8, 2016 at 12:22 PM

    Love your scarf! What yarn is it? Looks more cotton than wool.

    Read today that for every hour if teaching there's 4 hours of prep. I don't envy your upcoming workload.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lara! It's actually Knit Picks Wool of the Andes, it's probably the pattern making it look lighter than wool usually does, due to all of the drop stitches. Pattern is this one: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/waterfall-scarf-2

    For the fall, our lesson plans are going to be all standardized, and all classes in a given week will have the same content. I don't know, I hope it works! :0

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one, and I will respond to each one personally!