CatholicMom piece for this month touches on this issue, and it has me all re-inspired and re-invigorated for the Triduum. 🤗
The other thing that gets on my mind at this time of the season is Easter baskets. I have always used Easter baskets as an opportunity for (in addition to the inevitable onslaught of chocolate) small, thoughtful gifts, often of a religious nature. That's getting harder with Henry, who is 13, and requested a new skin and screen protector for his Nintendo Switch for his Easter basket. 🙄 But I'll think of something!
Anne is still into cute Easter basket ideas (although, at nearly 8, I'm certain she's going to know that there's no way the Easter bunny came up with these ideas that sound *just like* the things she and mom like to look at together) and I thought I'd share them with you if you're still needing basket ideas with enough time for things to ship and arrive before Easter morning!
(1) Shining Light Dolls - I just love these things, AND they're having a sale from today through Friday April 12th. Use code EASTERJOY19 for 20% off your order! In addition to the dolls, they now have saint charms to clip onto bags or backpacks, Easter egg wraps, and flower seeds for your garden based on a Marian theme!
(2) Tiny Hands Food Jewelry - One of my favorite handmade sellers is Mei from Tiny Hands. She makes scented food necklaces and earrings, and they are DARLING! She has a scented chocolate bunny necklace that is PERFECT FOR EASTER. I ordered one for Anne! You need to get your order in by Saturday April 13th in order for it to arrive in time for Easter! I've tried her Necklace of the Month club in the past, and I absolutely loved it, I'm tempted to re-subscribe.
(3) Rosaries by Allison - My kids both love rosaries, and like their mom, never think that you can have too many. ;-) Allison is having a sale this month, 20% off, and her rosaries are perfect for Easter, First Communion OR Mother's Day! My current 2 favorites are the crystal copper cube bead rosary, and the light golden glow Holy Face rosary!
(4) Sweet Clementine Soaps - This is another favorite of mine in terms of homemade products, I order from her all the time. The Lush Succulent Soap Bar is perfect for Easter, and she had a bunny one that appears to be temporarily sold out. She always features seasonal scents, and makes bar soap, whipped soap, other bath and shower products, lotion, fragrance spray, lip balm, you name it. I ordered some soap for my kids, and a fragrance spray for Anne.
(5) Lenny the Lamb Scentsy Buddy - You all know how I am about Scentsy. ;-) And Lenny the Lamb is a perfect Easter basket addition if you're looking for a stuffed toy. He comes with a Scent Pak that you zip inside of him, in your choice of scent! I do have one tucked away for Anne. 😎
Those are my ideas! What do you usually do for Easter baskets! Any Easter morning traditions you'd like to share? I'd love to hear from you!