**To subscribe to the audio version of Tea Time with Tiffany, just search for it in iTunes or use this link to subscribe via Feedburner in your podcatcher of choice. Intro music is "Feelin' Good" from http://www.purple-planet.com
Items mentioned in this episode:
- The Christmas Quilt, our Advent choice for book club.
- The first book in the Elm Creek Quilts series is The Quilter's Apprentice, and here is a search for the series in Amazon so that you can purchase others if you'd like to read more!
- From the author's website, here is some fantastic information about the order of books in the series: The Elm Creek Quilts novels are a series of books written by Jennifer Chiaverini. The series includes twenty novels, one short story available as a e-book, and a reader's guide:
- The Quilter's Apprentice (1999)
- Round Robin (2000)
- The Cross-Country Quilters (2001)
- The Runaway Quilt (2002)
- The Quilter's Legacy (2003)
- The Master Quilter (2004)
- The Sugar Camp Quilt (2005)
- The Christmas Quilt (2005)
- Circle of Quilters (2006)
- The Quilter's Homecoming (2007)
- The New Year's Quilt (2007)
- The Winding Ways Quilt (2008)
- The Quilter's Kitchen (2008)
- The Lost Quilter (2009)
- A Quilter's Holiday (2009)
- The Aloha Quilt (2010)
- The Union Quilters (Feb 2011)
- The Wedding Quilt (Nov 2011)
- Sonoma Rose (Feb 2012)
- The Giving Quilt (Oct 2012)
- An Elm Creek Quilts Companion (Oct 2013)
- The Quilter's Ghost: An eShort Story (Oct 2015)
If you want to read the books in the order I wrote them, read them in the order listed above. However, since I wasn't planning to write a series, I have written each book so that it stands alone. On my book tour, I often hear longtime fans tell new readers that the books should be read in the order I wrote them, but other readers have told me that they have read the books out of order and were able to follow everything just fine. Ultimately it's up to the individual reader. Please note, however, that later books inevitably give away events that occurred in previous books. If you would like to read the books in something approximating chronological order, please note the following:
- The Christmas Quilt takes place in the interim between The Quilter's Apprentice and Round Robin.
- The Sugar Camp Quilt is set in 1849-1850, so it takes place before the events chronicled in Gerda's memoir in The Runaway Quilt.
- The Quilter's Homecoming is set mainly in 1925, but it branches off from a storyline introduced in The Christmas Quilt.
- The New Year's Quilt immediately follows The Quilter's Legacy.
- The Lost Quilter begins in 1859 immediately following the events chronicled in Gerda's memoir in The Runaway Quilt.
- A Quilter's Holiday takes place while Bonnie is in Hawaii in The Aloha Quilt.
- The Union Quilters begins in 1861 and runs mostly concurrently with The Lost Quilter.
- The Wedding Quilt takes place after A Quilter's Holiday and The Aloha Quilt, with flash forwards to the year 2028.
- Sonoma Rose is set in the Prohibition era immediately following the events of The Quilter's Homecoming.
- The Giving Quilt takes place when Sarah McClure's twins are four and a half years old.
Whoa. Now I *really* want to go back and read the entire series! Next week we finish up and read Chapters 4 and 5! Let me know your thoughts on Chapter 3 below, or over in the thread on our Facebook group!